uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: SaxParserException
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 14:11:38 GMT
Ahmed Abdeen(Home) wrote:
> For some reasons Mac OS X put a .DS_Store file in the data directory. I have
> no idea why it did that. The worst part was that this file is hidden and  it
> made the problem much more complicated. I removed the file using a shell
> command and now it works just fine.

.DS_Store is a Mac file system file.  You wouldn't see it on the Mac,
only if you copy the files to another OS.  At least I think so, speaking
as someone who doesn't own a Mac...

> Speaking of developing your own applications, where to start? The
> ExampleApplication in the uimaj-examples isn't working even though I am
> passing valid parameters.
> Thank you!
> Ahmed

We have tested the ExampleApplication for the 2.2.2 release.  If it
isn't working, we need more details, like what are you doing exactly,
and how is it not working.

--Thilo