uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Bhavani Iyer" <bhavan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Delta CAS
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 16:43:18 GMT
Hi Thilo,

There are two separate requirements being addressed here:
1) delta CAS for optimizing remote services.
     Here its agreed that there should be no measurable overhead when there
is no remoting.
     There will be a single test against the high water mark.  The high
water mark defaults to 0.  Only when the high
     water mark is set to a value greater than 0 is logging of  CAS
operations on FSs below the high water mark enabled.
2)  Journaling for debugging  aggregate components.
    This capability is for Core UIMA as well as for remote services. This
will have some additional overhead and will be have to be explicitly enabled
by the aggregate controller for a component. Basically the aggregate
controller enables journaling by setting the high water mark before the call
to process.

Regarding using the high water mark, this is already being used for merging
CAS.

Bhavani