uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Cas Viewer Eclipse Plugin for inclusion in the Sandbox
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 08:39:20 GMT
-0 at this time

We had no discussions on this.  We have no plans how to merge
the CAS editor and the CAS viewer.  There is quite a lot of
code there, and it is hardly documented.  What are Tong's
plans with this when it becomes part of Apache UIMA?  Will he
continue developing it?  Will he work with Joern on the CAS
Editor?

Why didn't all of the committers know a software grant
was in the works?  We'll never graduate out of the incubator
if we don't learn to do things the Apache way.  Having mentors
that are awol most of the time doesn't help either, but we
really should know better than this by now ourselves.

The only reason I'm not voting -1 is because Joern didn't.
I hope he has some plan to make this work.

--Thilo