uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Improving our website
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 15:14:02 GMT
I been asking web-site "pros" if they would be interested in
volunteering to help improve our website, and found a couple of people
who said yes!

The main thing I told them I was hoping for was that we were intent on
building "community" - and changes in the web site that promoted this
would be good, especially among the potential developers (which we need
more of in order to graduate!).  Also - general improvements that made
the site work better would also be appreciated.

Up to now, the site has been done by some of the developers, who are
amateurs (at least when it comes to creative web design).  Our site was
initially put together by building on some prototype web-site that new
incubator projects were pointed to as a suggestion for getting started
quickly.

I'm guessing that this improvement effort will take several
"iterations", and will benefit greatly from feedback from the
community.  I've asked the new volunteers to introduce themselves, join
the mailing lists and use our wiki to post some alternatives they've
been thinking about and start the dialogs toward improvement.  Once
they've done that, I hope the community will speak up and help us
improve the site!

-Marshall