uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Delta CAS
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 14:22:35 GMT
My immediate reactions are:

- you should be forced to turn this on if you want to
use it.  By default it should be off.  There should be
no overhead for UIMA instances that don't do any remoting.
You could implement a CAS wrapper that delegates to the
real CAS and does the bookkeeping.  The newCAS() functions
can return the wrapper CASes when DeltaCAS is enabled.

- I've gotten over wanting to improve the CAS implementation,
but I think the watermark thing is not a good idea.  It
totally relies on the current CAS heap implementation and
will prevent any improvements in this area.  If there is
another way of doing it, that would be great.

--Thilo