uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Delta CAS
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 08:28:26 GMT
Bhavani Iyer wrote:
> OK I agree. What's required is something like the following.
>
>   /** sets the high water mark and returns the marker object. */
>   Marker getHighWaterMark();

How about just getMarker(), since that is what it does.

>  /** default to false (disabled) and enabled when high water mark is set via
> above api. */
>   boolean isDeltaCasJournalingEnabled();

Why would getMarker() enable such a setting?  Why do we need this
API at all?  The journaling should be enabled by a performance
tuning setting, like the other global options we have.  Who else
needs to know about it other than the CAS?

>   public interface Marker {
>      boolean isAboveHighWaterMark(FeatureStructure fs);
>   }

How about isNew()?

--Thilo