uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release uimacpp-2.2.2-02 as uimacpp-2.2.2-incubating
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 15:16:30 GMT
I noticed the following:

- The NOTICE files say "Apache UIMACPP".  In the sandbox
   releases, we just say "Apache UIMA".  Not sure we should
   say Apache UIMACPP, since that's not really a project
   name?

- The src distribution says that it includes the ICU, both
   in NOTICE and LICENSE.  However, the ICU is not part of
   the src distribution (it is of the binary distribution).
   We should probably have two different NOTICE/LICENSE files,
   for the binary and src distributions.

- I'm unclear on the use of the APR in UIMACPP.  I see APR
   headers in the UIMACPP binary distribution.  The APR NOTICE
   file contains several acknowledgments that should be in
   the UIMACPP NOTICE file *if* UIMACPP uses APR.

- include/xercesc/util/LogicalPath.c doesn't include a license
   header, which is hardly our fault :-).  Somebody might want
   to tell the Xerces folks...

- minor: examples/data/docforsegmenter.xcas contains a
   license header, examples/data/docforsegmenter.xmi
   doesn't.  Any reason?

The bit about the ICU notice should be fixed before we take
this to the incubator, I think.

--Thilo