uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release uimacpp-2.2.2-02 as uimacpp-2.2.2-incubating
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 21:52:48 GMT
A small thing to maybe fix:
in examples/descriptors/XCasWriterCasConsumer.xml - there is a
definition of the SourceDocumentInformation element, inline (not
"import"ed) that contains:
<description>URI of document. (For example,
file:///MyDirectory/myFile.txt for a simple file or
http://www.research.ibm.com/UIMA/relatedprojects.htm for content from a
web source.)</description>

The web source is a dead link.  This file is a modification of another
file in the main uima examples project.  That project has an
import-by-name for the SourceDocumentInformation type, which, in turn,
uses an apache.org sample descriptor in the same comment
(http://incubator.apache.org/uima/index.html for content from a web source).

Not a show stopper.  If fixing, it might be worth a general look to
bring all the examples that are mods of the UIMA core examples up to
date with the current UIMA core examples.

The bin docs/overview_and_setup.html appear to be generated by docbook,
but there is no source other than this file in SVN, so I guess they're
not generated.  Probably should remove the <meta name="generator"
content="DocBook XSL Stylesheets V1.70.0"> element :-).  The copyright
and pub date are wrong (say February 2007).

The docs are supposed to be using Apache UIMA, not just UIMA, at least
for the first mention in the doc.  See
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html.  The first mention in
the doc is "C++ Overview & Setup" (title).

Need to check RAT report: some files noted there as missing apache
license are not generated.  For instance: Perl.html in scriptators/perl,
and same for python and tcl.

The aclocal.m4 file has GNU licenses without the special exception.  May
need to upgrade the automake version.

more later... (maybe).

-Marshall