uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: ResourceSpecifier to an existing AE
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:10:27 GMT
Richárd Farkas wrote:
> How can I (Can I?) obtain a ResourceSpecifier object which refers to an
> existing Analysis Engine (inherent from JCasAnnotator_ImplBase)?
>
> I found this possibility in the doc:
> "A ResourceSpecifier contains information that can be used acquire a
> reference to a Resource, whether that is done by instantiating the
> resource locally or locating an existing resource available as a service."
>
> thanks in advance,
> Richard

AFAIK (and this may be incorrect), you can't access the ResourceSpecifier
from an AE.  You can either create the ResourceSpecifier by parsing the
descriptor, which is described here: http://tinyurl.com/aysawn
Or, if all you're interested in is the AE's metadata, you can access that
with getAnalysisEngineMetadata: http://tinyurl.com/8qgb92

HTH,
Thilo