uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: error when trying to display javadoc in eclipse
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:25:26 GMT
> Tobias Wunner wrote:
> Hi Thilo,
>
> Yes Eclipse. Actually I did this already. Double-Clicking on any class file in any Jar
package the
> editor opens the corresponding source code.  Still when hitting F3 the error message
shows up.

> Regards,
> Toby

Are you sure your cursor is on a Java type?  I only
get that message when my cursor is on something like
whitespace or a comment.  You need to click on the
type or method you want to see the definition of
before you hit F3.  I guess you knew that though...

Something just occurred to me: sometimes there are
strange effects when your source code doesn't quite
fit the compiled version.  I've had cases where I
attached an old version of the source code to a newer
compiled version.  Could this be the reason?

--Thilo