uima-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Kevin Cunnane (JIRA)" <uima-...@incubator.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Created: (UIMA-1302) PerformanceReports for PEAR not being generated in a CPE
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 11:51:52 GMT
 PerformanceReports for PEAR not being generated in a CPE
---------------------------------------------------------

                 Key: UIMA-1302
                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1302
             Project: UIMA
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: Collection Processing
    Affects Versions: 2.2.2
            Reporter: Kevin Cunnane
            Priority: Minor


When an installed PEAR is included as an AE in a Collection Processing Engine, the performance
report generated by the CPE doesn't include any figures for the PEAR. The only work-around
is to install the pear and then reference the AE descriptor directly, however this ruins the
entire point of using the PEAR - it automatically sets the classpath, datapath etc for you.
I discussed this issue with Thilo Goetz, who said I should raise a bug against it. Please
see correspondence below about this issue with Thilo.

*My Message:*
Hi Thilo,

I work for the LanguageWare team in Dublin, and am having an issue getting performance numbers
for PEARs used in a Collection Processing Engine. Essentially, when you refer to the PEAR
using the pearSpecifier file, then the performance of the PEAR is not included in the Performance
Report. However, if you run the PEAR by referring to its main descriptor directly (and setting
up the classpath etc manually) you will correctly get the performance of the components in
the PEAR included in the performance report.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a way to work around this? For example, is this just
an issue when using PEARs in a CPE, or can I get the information some other way? I'm trying
to set up an automated process for testing the performance of a PEAR against a corpus, and
would like to avoid having to write code / scripts for this

*His Responses:*
Hi Kevin,

that issue somehow seems familiar.  I've looked into those PerformanceReports because of another
bug I found, and I think I noticed this, too (http://www.mail-archive.com/uima-dev%40incubator.apache.org/msg06565.html).
 So I think this is a UIMA issue, due to the special nature of pear descriptors (they are
not regular AE descriptors).  So the only workaround I can think of at this time is to not
use pears, or install the pear and then reference the AE descriptor directly, if that's possible.

*Related Posts*
I found this post http://markmail.org/message/doknwh5iecuhtai3 that seems to refer to the
exact same issue

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message