uima-dev mailing list archives

From Balkrishnan.V <balkrishna...@iiitb.net>
Subject Re: UIMA : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space.....
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2009 21:30:35 GMT
Marshall Schor <msa@...> writes:

> Did you try increasing your java heap size?  What size are you running with?
>
> -Marshall

Hi Marshall,

ThankYou for your time.

Yes, I tried resetting the jvm-heap-size to 1327MB and now I am able to run the
CVD successfully with 101MB text-log-file.

Can you please let me know :
(i) Is this maximum heap-size setting (1327MB) enough to handle a text-file of
size 2GB(say) ? If not, then any idea the approximate maximum text-file size
that can be handled with this heap-size setting ?
(ii) Why I am unable to increase the JVM Heap-Size more than 1327MB ?
(iii) What should I do to handle the text-files that cannot be handled within
the bounds of the heap-size setting of 1327MB ?

Kind Regards,
Balkrishnan.V