uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: ProcessingContainer_Impl.java, filter
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:34:10 GMT

maksim.likharev@thomsonreuters.com wrote:
> 1009:   if ( (filterExpression.getOperand() == null
>
>                  && filterExpression.getOperand().getOperand() == null
> && !exists)

> Is this some kind of null pointer exceptions generator, hard to tell
> what should be there, but if I use filter to test existing feature, does
> not work.

Thanks for making me laugh :-)

I would think that when filterExpression.getOperand() != null, then
filterExpression.getOperand().getOperand() is also not null.  So it
seems to me that the second check above, the NPE generator, is redundant
and should be removed.  Alternatively, one could parens around the null
checks and change the && to an || I guess.

Can anybody confirm or provide alternative interpretation?

--Thilo