uima-dev mailing list archives

From Dan McCreary <dan.mccre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changes to ConceptMapper
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 20:22:14 GMT
Perhaps we can write a short definition for what the ConceptMapper does.

The following definition from the main UIMA sandbox web page:

   *ConceptMapper is a powerful, highly configurable dictionary UIMA-based
annotator. *

is not very descriptive of its function.  How about this one...

*The ConcpetMapper a highly configurable, high performance dictionary lookup
tool that adds synonyms and related terms to a token using one of several
matching algorithms.  It can be used to create an enhanced search experience
for the users.
*

--
Dan McCreary
Senior Enterprise Data Architecture and Strategy Consulting