uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Failed to resolve font with embed-url 'file:///c:/WINDOWS/Fonts/pala.TTF'
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 15:15:56 GMT
Marshall Schor wrote:
> Looks like it does make a difference, unless we can find a way to get
> and access the Palatino Font on Linux and/or MacOS.  One ref on the web
> said that it was available on the Mac - but I don't have a mac, and
> don't know how to set things up to access it.  Palatino is the font
> being used for the main documentation.

There are two files that contain the font configuration,
fop-config.xml and fontconfig.xml.  They are almost identical.
Do we need them both?  It should be easy to replace those
files with versions that work on other platforms.  I have
no idea if fonts live in a standard place in linux (probably
not) and MacOS (probably).  We might want to at least document
what people need to do to build the documentation on their
own platform.  I do build on linux now and then, but I guess
I've never built the documentation there.

--Thilo