uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Building the eclipse update site
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 03:24:37 GMT
At this point, the build procedure is:

1) run the build.xml in the uimaj-eclipse-update-site project with the
target set to build-features. You can do this in Eclipse by right
clicking the build.xml file and picking Run-As Ant-build ...

2) copy the features built here into the same project's top level
features folder

3) run the build.xml with the "all" target to build the updatesite

The reason for this convolution: as I recall, this was done to provide
some committer-intentional action when putting things into the top level
features folder - things put there should be release-approved things
that have been voted out (of course, excepting all this "testing").
This I think is why we want a better build method that builds the
feature jars - so they can be part of the set of files reviewed and
voted on for the release.

Still not working (for reasons I have no idea) - the update site seems
to have the cas editor jar, but there is no plugin installed for it.

It would be good to have another pair of eyes look at this - maybe
there's some misspelling somewhere...

-Marshall