uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Building the eclipse update site
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 15:39:18 GMT
Marshall Schor wrote:
> At this point, the build procedure is:
>
> 1) run the build.xml in the uimaj-eclipse-update-site project with the
> target set to build-features. You can do this in Eclipse by right
> clicking the build.xml file and picking Run-As Ant-build ...
>
> 2) copy the features built here into the same project's top level
> features folder
>
> 3) run the build.xml with the "all" target to build the updatesite
>
> The reason for this convolution: as I recall, this was done to provide
> some committer-intentional action when putting things into the top level
> features folder - things put there should be release-approved things
> that have been voted out (of course, excepting all this "testing").
> This I think is why we want a better build method that builds the
> feature jars - so they can be part of the set of files reviewed and
> voted on for the release.
>
> Still not working (for reasons I have no idea) - the update site seems
> to have the cas editor jar, but there is no plugin installed for it.
>
> It would be good to have another pair of eyes look at this - maybe
> there's some misspelling somewhere...
>
> -Marshall

I was able to successfully build the update site and install
into Eclipse 3.5.  I tested the CDE and JCasGen, seems to work
fine.  Joern, what's a good way to quickly test the CAS Editor?

To make this work, I had to do the following:

- Manually copy the CAS Editor plugin jar from where it's built
  to the update site's plugin directory.  All other plugin jars
  are copied there automatically.

- Remove the UIMA-AS target.

After that it worked like a charm.

--Thilo