uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Building the eclipse update site
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 15:54:10 GMT
Thilo Goetz wrote:

> I was able to successfully build the update site and install
> into Eclipse 3.5.  I tested the CDE and JCasGen, seems to work
> fine.  Joern, what's a good way to quickly test the CAS Editor?

Create a "NLP" project and add a type system to it,
create a folder and add it as corpus folder under project
properties. Now you can copy a xcas/xmi file into the corpus
folder or use the NLP/Document wizard to import a txt or rtf file.

The project model of the Cas Editor does not really fit what we
need now in my opinion. We have to rework that.
It was made for the RCP Cas Editor version, but now the Cas Editor
is more like a tool which just shows/edits CAS files.

We could try to make a general model where a user configures a type system
per project and use that in all our plugins. This would lead to a
simplification
of the Cas Editor and the removal of some (legacy) features.

> To make this work, I had to do the following:
>
> - Manually copy the CAS Editor plugin jar from where it's built
>   to the update site's plugin directory.  All other plugin jars
>   are copied there automatically.

When I tested I had to copy all plugin jars manually.

Jörn