uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Building the eclipse update site
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 15:53:21 GMT
I looked in the 3.4.2 Eclipse help, and found a page:
Java development user guide -> Reference -> Preferences ->Java -> Debug
-> Detail Formatters,
which showed a table  which included a column for "default", but that
column is "blank".  In other pages, it isn't...

So I think there may be no default.

-Marshall

P.S., There was a page for "heap walking".  This is a new feature of
Java 6, which is supported by Eclispe now:
http://eclipse-debug.blogspot.com/2006/08/whole-lotta-instances.html

I've not used this myself (having just discovered it), but instead have
used it indirectly, when I used JMX to take a heap dump, and then used
jhat (comes with java 6) to diagnose what's taking lots of memory, by
following references backwards - you first use the histogram view of
jhat to find the big and/or frequent objects, then follow backwards to
see who's holding refs to these that shouldn't be...