uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SimpleServer maven war build
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:32:17 GMT
Thilo Goetz wrote:
> Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there a reason why we do not use maven
>> to build the SimpleServer war file ?
>>
>> Jörn
>>

> Sorry for the late reply.  The reason is probably
> that I originally contributed the SimpleServer, and
> I try to stay as far away from maven as I can.
> However, please feel free to add whatever you feel
> is best.

We could move the web.xml sample to src/main/webapp/WEB-INF and
change the packaging type to war then the build can produce a war
file.

A user who wants to use the SimpleServer has now two options to built,
either with maven or with eclipse (which is easier because mvn
eclipse:eclipse works).

What do you think ?

Jörn