uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SimpleServer maven war build
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:11:34 GMT
Thilo Goetz wrote:
> Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>
>> Thilo Goetz wrote:

>>> Sorry for the late reply.  The reason is probably
>>> that I originally contributed the SimpleServer, and
>>> I try to stay as far away from maven as I can.
>>> However, please feel free to add whatever you feel
>>> is best.
>>>

>> We could move the web.xml sample to src/main/webapp/WEB-INF and
>> change the packaging type to war then the build can produce a war
>> file.
>>
>> A user who wants to use the SimpleServer has now two options to built,
>> either with maven or with eclipse (which is easier because mvn
>> eclipse:eclipse works).
>>
>> What do you think ?
>>
>> Jörn
>>

> Sorry, I have only recently started looking at the
> simple server again.
>
> I'm a bit confused by your question.  Are you suggesting
> we provide a sample pom for SimpleServer users which they
> can use to build individual SimpleServer analysis WARs?
If I got it correctly then our users have to build the war file right
now them self to support their custom analysis engines. In the docs
its described how it can be done with eclipse.

Thats why I thought we could provide a pom.xml which does that
job and then we simply distribute it as  a source project and users
built it completely them self, either with maven or with eclipse.
> Or are you suggesting we pre-build a sample WAR with the
> whitespace tokenizer and distribute that?

Not sure if that makes sense, but maybe that could be the default
case of our sample pom.

Jörn