uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: SimpleServer maven war build
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 09:16:12 GMT
Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> Thilo Goetz wrote:
>> Jörn Kottmann wrote:

>>> We could move the web.xml sample to src/main/webapp/WEB-INF and
>>> change the packaging type to war then the build can produce a war
>>> file.
>>>
>>> A user who wants to use the SimpleServer has now two options to built,
>>> either with maven or with eclipse (which is easier because mvn
>>> eclipse:eclipse works).
>>>
>>> What do you think ?
>>>
>>> Jörn
>>>

>> Sorry, I have only recently started looking at the
>> simple server again.
>>
>> I'm a bit confused by your question.  Are you suggesting
>> we provide a sample pom for SimpleServer users which they
>> can use to build individual SimpleServer analysis WARs?
> If I got it correctly then our users have to build the war file right
> now them self to support their custom analysis engines. In the docs
> its described how it can be done with eclipse.
>
> Thats why I thought we could provide a pom.xml which does that
> job and then we simply distribute it as  a source project and users
> built it completely them self, either with maven or with eclipse.

Ok, let me rephrase what you're saying to make sure I
understand you.  You're suggesting we create a project
shell so to speak that has the simple server jar files
in it.  Our users could take that project, drop in a
pear file of their choice, adapt the web.xml and then
build the whole thing with maven or eclipse.  Does that
sound right?

--Thilo