uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maven build problem
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 12:04:57 GMT
I just set up my new uima-dev workspace on OS X for eclipse 3.5.

After downloading all projects from uimaj into the workspace with
subsclipse,
I went into the uimaj folder and typed mvn eclipse:eclipse to generate
the
eclipse project files for all projects. That step failed with a
dependency error
in the Cas Editor project.

After some try and error I found out that it works when I first
build the cas editor and then go uimaj and do a mvn eclipse:eclipse
there.

In my eyes the problem lies in our plugins depending on different
eclipse versions.

A few days ago I said its only possible to start the Cas Editor
and other plugins when the runtime plugin is manually deployed to the
eclipse
instance. That seems to be not true. The only modification needed is the
correct Bundle-ClassPath to target/classes in the MANIFEST.MF file.

In my fresh workspace the uimaj-ep-jcasgen plugin has compile errors
because it cannot resolve the dependencies on emf codegen. The codegen
jar is also not listed in the class path. Not sure how we can fix that.

Jörn