uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: integrate a tool
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 21:55:20 GMT
marius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> how can i integrate a external tool such as gutime to  UIMA?

I never heard of gutime it seems to be a tagger
which can recognize/detect time expressions in natural language.

Here is a link to a description:
http://www.timeml.org/site/tarsqi/modules/gutime/index.html

To integrate into UIMA you have to implement an Annotator,
in your case it could be a bit tricky since UIMA is written in java
and gutime seems to be written in something else.

You should consult our tutorial and developer guide to get started:
http://incubator.apache.org/uima/downloads/releaseDocs/2.2.2-incubating/docs/html/tutorials_and_users_guides/tutorials_and_users_guides.html

Do you know in which language gutime is written ?

We also have a C++ and scripting interface which you then can use to
integrate it. I have never used one of these, but I am sure there are
additional information about that topic in our documentation and
you are welcome to ask for help.

Jörn