uima-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject release 2.3.0 plan
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 20:49:56 GMT
I'd like to freeze in 3 weeks, if that is reasonable.  For all of you
with code that you want to have in the release, is 3 weeks (Aug 28 - a
Friday) too soon to freeze (stop developing, and see if we can cut a
release candidate)?

This means:
  coding of any new things is done, tests written, and everything
runs/builds
  documentation is done

As part of the release process, after we do a release candidate, we'll
ask everyone to help in testing it.  During that time, no new feature
work please, just work on getting the candidate into shape to release
(fixing bugs).

Things that are not ready will be postponed to the next release.

Please respond with a +1 if you think you can wrap up any work needed in
3 weeks, and a -1 if you think the release point should be delayed
because of something you believe strongly should make this release.

See this wiki page for info on the release plan:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/UIMA/ReleasePlan2.3.0

Thanks to everyone for help in getting this out!

-Marshall (volunteering as the release manager this time around)

Mime
View raw message