uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Document collections [was: Re: Building the eclipse update site]
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 12:43:45 GMT
Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> The proposed changes would move the project model out
> of the Cas Editor into a new project with the advantage that
> it can be used by other tooling too. Like an analysis engine launcher
> which needs a document collection to run the AE or a PEAR
> runner.

Should we split the Cas Editor for the 2.3.0 release or should we
wait for the release after 2.3.0 ?

In my opinion we should wait and rebuild the project model
based on the Cas Editor project model. This would have the advantage
that we can consider new requirements we may get
from other tooling like an AE debug launcher or  multi view support
for the Cas Editor.

It also has the disadvantage that the Cas Editor users have
to convert their projects one day.

Jörn