uima-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: release 2.3.0 plan
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 12:53:00 GMT
One way we have to ensure that the uima core generification is
correct is to use our API with generics, thats why I would like to suggest
to move our release a few days and use the time to convert existing
code outside of the core. That  could be done after the code freeze.

Jörn

Marshall Schor wrote:
> I'd like to freeze in 3 weeks, if that is reasonable.  For all of you
> with code that you want to have in the release, is 3 weeks (Aug 28 - a
> Friday) too soon to freeze (stop developing, and see if we can cut a
> release candidate)?
>
> This means:
>   coding of any new things is done, tests written, and everything
> runs/builds
>   documentation is done
>
> As part of the release process, after we do a release candidate, we'll
> ask everyone to help in testing it.  During that time, no new feature
> work please, just work on getting the candidate into shape to release
> (fixing bugs).
>
> Things that are not ready will be postponed to the next release.
>
> Please respond with a +1 if you think you can wrap up any work needed in
> 3 weeks, and a -1 if you think the release point should be delayed
> because of something you believe strongly should make this release.
>
> See this wiki page for info on the release plan:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/UIMA/ReleasePlan2.3.0
>
> Thanks to everyone for help in getting this out!
>
> -Marshall (volunteering as the release manager this time around)
>   


Mime
View raw message