uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: release 2.3.0 plan
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 16:58:19 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 10:49 PM, Marshall Schor<msa@schor.com> wrote:
> See this wiki page for info on the release plan:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/UIMA/ReleasePlan2.3.0

I was browsing the release plan and noted the following:

    After freeze, release candidates will be tagged from trunk.
    Fixes only in trunk, no fixes in tag. Between freeze and release,
    trunk is not used for development (we're "frozen"), but development
    can continue on branches, if needed.

That's fine if you've already been following such a code freeze model
and are happy with it.

A more typical model I see is where a release branch is created from
the trunk when the code freeze begins. This way development in trunk
can continue normally while the release branch is being frozen and
only receives important bug fixes and release management tweaks. Any
release candidates would be tagged from the release branch instead of
the trunk.

BR,

Jukka Zitting