uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Cas Editor Eclipse naming
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 19:30:00 GMT
I was testing the Cas Editor plugin, as a new naive user.

There is nothing in the documentation that says to create one or more
new projects, of a special type, for use by the Cas Editor - so I was
trying to use a plain Java project, and of course, nothing was working.

Part of the problem is that the label for the Cas Editor things in
Eclipse is "NLP".  I did not recognize or associate that with either
UIMA or the Cas Editor.  (So, for instance, if you say in Eclipse, menu
-> file -> new -> other you get a pick list with lots of things,
including one labeled "NLP".  Same with menu -> window - show view ->
other   same NLP entry.)

I think we should rename this categorization tag to something that uses
the words Uima, and CasEditor - maybe it should be a 2 level
categorization, the top one being UIMA (which already exists, and is
used by the Component Descriptor Editor), and a then "CasEditor".

WDYT?  (What do you think)?

-Marshall