uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Clarifying when the Cas Editor needs the special nature, and when it needs the Corpus Explorer
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2009 12:03:14 GMT
The Cas Editor seems to be enabled by two different things in Eclipse.
One is the Corpus Explorer view, which among other things, enables
certain right-click menu items.  The other is the
<nature>org.apache.uima.caseditor.NLPProject</nature>, although I'm not
sure what it enables.

To help users get started, I think the tooling chapter for the Cas
Editor should say to either add the
<nature>org.apache.uima.caseditor.NLPProject</nature> to an existing
project and / or switch to the Corpus Explorer view for that project,
and / or create a new project using the wizard for a Cas Editor
project.  Do all three approaches work?

I see there is a method in the class NlpProject called "addNLPNature"
which adds this nature to a project - is there a way to invoke this from
the Eclipse menus to do this for an existing project?  If not, perhaps
we could make use of the existing menu for PEARs which adds a menu pick
called "add UIMA nature" and make it have sub-menus - one for the
CasEditor, and one for the PEAR.

-Marshall