uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Aligning the Cas Editor nature name
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2009 12:06:20 GMT
Should the "nature" for enabling the Cas Editor,
<nature>org.apache.uima.caseditor.NLPProject</nature> be better
specified as org.apache.uima.CasEditor?

Here's my thinking:  UIMA in general is used for "unstructured
information" - which may be text / language related, or may be other
kinds of things, such as image data, audio recordings, etc., not related
to "NLP" - Natural Language Processing.  The Cas Editor (I think) is
able to look at and edit CASes that may have nothing to do with Natural
Language Processing (is this right?).

-Marshall