uima-dev mailing list archives

From Baptiste Gaillard <b_gaill...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Encoding problems with Eclipse/JCasGen
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:29:01 GMT

Ok, in fact perhaps this is beacause I'm using uima-2.2.2-incubating, their is no UTF-8 encoding
information is in the parent POM, in the SVN version of UIMA their is.

So I think this problem will disappear with UIMA 2.3.

Thanks,

Baptiste

> Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:29:51 +0100
> Subject: Re: Encoding problems with Eclipse/JCasGen
> From: tommaso.teofili@gmail.com
> To: uima-dev@incubator.apache.org
>
> Hi Baptiste,
> just a clarification in case you missed it: one thing is the encoding you
> specify inside Maven POM and another thing is the encoding you can specify
> for a project (or for the entire workspace) in Eclipse, you can override one
> another according to your Eclipse configuration (mvn eclipse:eclipse or
> m2eclipse).
>
> In uimaj parent POM there is already a
> <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
> tag for resources, javadoc and compiler plugins for the reason you mentioned
> (mainly potability), so this is a strange behviour.
>
> I've tried to put the description 'Correspond à un bloc image' inside the
> description of a Type inside the Type System and the generated file comment
> is as expected :
> /** Correspond à un bloc image
>  * Updated by JCasGen Tue Nov 10 15:27:25 CET 2009
>
> So maybe there is something elsewhere it's telling your eclipse which
> encoding to use to generate files.
> Hope that helps.
> Tommaso
>
> 2009/11/10 Baptiste Gaillard <b_gaillard@hotmail.com>
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > Im' using Maven to build my Type System JAR archives.
> >
> > In my Maven project configuration I have that:
> > <plugin>
> >  <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
> >  <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
> >  <version>2.0.2</version>
> >  <configuration>
> >  <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
> >    <source>1.6</source>
> >    <target>1.6</target>
> >  </configuration>
> > </plugin>
> >
> > So I want to have the source files using the UTF-8 encoding. This allow to
> > have a 'portable' source code and not to have Windows specific encoding.
> > But, I'm French and I want to have accents in my Type System description.
> > If I enter a description in French with accent this does not work because
> > it seems the JCasGen does not takes care of the Encoding specified in
> > Eclipse for Java Source files.
> >
> > For exemple when I compiler le Java files generated with the JCasGen I have
> > things like that:
> >
> > D:\......\IndividualSiB_Type.java:[15,15] unmappable character for encoding
> > UTF-8
> >
> > This is because in IndivualSiB_Type those lines are generated:
> > /** Correspond � un bloc image d�un item particulier du corpus BMS EDF
> > Offline.
> >  * Updated by JCasGen Tue Nov 10 14:54:57 CET 2009
> >  * @generated */
> >
> > But I should have
> > /** Correspond à un bloc image d'un item particulier du corpus BMS EDF
> > Offline.
> >
> >  * Updated by JCasGen Tue Nov 10 14:54:57 CET 2009
> >
> >  * @generated */
> >
> > So I think this is a bug ?

> [...]

Nouveau ! Tout Windows débarque dans votre téléphone. Voir les Windows phone
http://clk.atdmt.com/FRM/go/175819071/direct/01/