uima-dev mailing list archives

From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Encoding problems with Eclipse/JCasGen
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 14:29:51 GMT
Hi Baptiste,
just a clarification in case you missed it: one thing is the encoding you
specify inside Maven POM and another thing is the encoding you can specify
for a project (or for the entire workspace) in Eclipse, you can override one
another according to your Eclipse configuration (mvn eclipse:eclipse or
m2eclipse).

In uimaj parent POM there is already a
<encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
tag for resources, javadoc and compiler plugins for the reason you mentioned
(mainly potability), so this is a strange behviour.

I've tried to put the description 'Correspond à un bloc image' inside the
description of a Type inside the Type System and the generated file comment
is as expected :
/** Correspond à un bloc image
 * Updated by JCasGen Tue Nov 10 15:27:25 CET 2009

So maybe there is something elsewhere it's telling your eclipse which
encoding to use to generate files.
Hope that helps.
Tommaso