uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jaroslaw Cwiklik <uim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why isn't UIMA AS using the JMS message expiration feature ?
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:20:29 GMT
Jorn, the UIMA AS client adds the TTL to each outgoing message as long as
you have the process timeout set. Currently, the UIMA AS client uses the
following logic  when adding TTL:
                 // get process timeout value
                 long timeoutValue = cacheEntry.getProcessTimeout();

                 if (timeoutValue > 0 && addTimeToLive ) {
                   // Set high time to live value
                   message.setJMSExpiration(10 * timeoutValue);
                 }

In the above, addTimeToLive is true by default. The expiration time should
probably be parametrized. :)

Check AMQ forums and you'll see that there are quite a few postings about
TTL logic. If I am not mistaken, the expired messages are not removed until
you connect a consumer to the queue. Try to restart the consumer to see if
the messages disappear. Are the clocks on two machines different?

JC