uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: rename uimaj-ep-runtime ?
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:33:23 GMT

Tommaso Teofili wrote:
> Hi all,
> following the UIMA and OSGI thread, do you think we can rename
> uimaj-ep-runtime as uimaj-osgi-untime ?

Any issues with backwards compatibility?  (I think we should try to
minimize renames that would require actions by our users.)

-Marshall
> I'm for a +1.
> I think it would be much clearer than binding it to Eclipse name but it's
> just my opinion.
> So what do you think?
> Cheers,
> Tommaso
>
> p.s.:
> the version in the parent is 2.3.0.incubating instead 2.3.0-incubating,
> maybe we'd better change it to make it consistent with the other projects'
> version

The dash I think violates OSGi naming conventions.  See
http://markmail.org/thread/57yzgah4l62if5mo  I think that at one point
in time (maybe now, too), Eclipse did not handle the dash - so all of
our Eclipse plugins use the dot instead, following Eclipse conventions.

At any rate, the -incubating will go away once we graduate...

-Marshall