uima-dev mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Potential problems in the XmlInputSource class...
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 09:26:36 GMT
Sure.  Please open a JIRA issue and provide a patch.  You can
just paste your message into the issue.

--Thilo

On 3/10/2010 17:35, Baptiste Gaillard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've read multiple messages about UIMA and OSGI on this forum.
>
> On our project we have successfully integrated UIMA components inside OSGI Bundle (our
solution provides an automatic OSGI Bundle genration system which take PEAR files so developpers
do not have to worry about OSGI).

> We have encountered a JAR locking problem inside the XmlInputSource class, the problem
comes from this instruction (WmlInputSource line 90) :

>  mInputStream = mURL.openStream()
>
> When we do that with a URL which refers to a file inside a JAR file a JarURLConnection
is used.

> JarURLConnection seems to have a bug because in the destroy method of XmlInputSource
those instruction do not close the ZipFile associated to the JARUrlConnection.

> if (mInputStream != null)
> {
>     mInputStream.close();   // DO NOT CLOSE THE ASSOCIATED ZipFile !!!
> }
>

> The bug has been reported in the SUN Bug Database: // see http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4386865
>
> This is problematic with OSGI because we can unload our Bundles (UIMA components in our
case ;-) ) but never delete theme from the file system after...

> The solution to close the ZipFiles in XmlInputSource is to add the following instructions
in the constructor and destroy method: