uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: board report due
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:04:04 GMT
Here's the rewrite; if no other comments, I'll submit tomorrow AM.

-Marshall
Attachment AA: Status report for the Apache UIMA Project

Apache UIMA's mission: the creation and maintenance of open-source
software related to the analysis of unstructured data, guided by the
UIMA Oasis Standard.

Moving to TLP
-------------
Apache UIMA graduated from the incubator last month; this is its first
report to the Board.  The top level project infrastructure was set up on
April 9th, and SVN was moved on April 13.  Our web-site has been moved
to the TLP position.  Nexus support is now initialized, and we are
working to update our build process to follow more conventional Apache /
Maven ways, including inheriting from the Apache common POM.

We have more work to do to complete the move to a TLP, including
removing the incubation notices and making a first release as a TLP.

Releases
--------
none yet (as a TLP)
2010-1-26 2.3.0 release of Java SDK, Annotator add-on package,
                UIMA-AS (Async scaleout), and UIMA-CPP (C++ enablement)

Development
-----------
It was relatively quiet during first part of month, as we were
awaiting move to TLP.  Subsequently, there has been lots of
activity to complete TLP migration, and realign our maven build process
to use NEXUS and the standard Apache parent POM.

The AlchemyAPI Annotator component in the sandbox is making significant
progress.

An ongoing effort to make individual annotators available as OSGi
bundles is underway; we are trying to do things the same way that
Apache Felix-Commons does this.

Some progress on existing Jira issues, a few new ones raised.

Community
---------
No changes

Issues