uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject progress in Nexus / Pom updates
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 21:17:25 GMT
Progress -

I made a new top-level node in the uima tree called "build" - for
artifacts that we won't normally be including in assemblies, but which
are instead build things.

In there, I put a folder called "parent-poms" - the intent is to keep
these organized in one place.

I made a top level pom for the whole project, which inherits from the
common Apache pom version 7.  The common Apache pom connects the deploy
/ release process with the Nexus repository.

I also made a top level pom for just the main UIMA Java SDK -
corresponding sort of to the former uimaj pom, except it doesn't have
any aggregation stuff.

BTW, in fiddling with the poms, I'm following the recommended ordering
for elements in the POM, listed here:
http://maven.apache.org/developers/conventions/code.html  (scroll 3/4 of
the way toward the bottom)

After fiddling with my .m2/settings.xml files per the instructions on
migrating to Nexus, both install and deploy worked (deploy was for a
SNAPSHOT - no real releases :-) ).

You can see the deployed artifacts on repository.apache.org in the
Snapshots area.

I'm now trying to see how to set up projects whose poms inherit from
uimaj.  First trying jVinci.  I'm comparing what gets built to what was
built for 2.3.0-incubating.
One difference - a bunch of our components have slightly different
Notices needed, so I'll fix that.

Another thing to fix: thinking about when to run RAT.  Some projects put
it into a profile - so you can run it when you want to.  It could also
be in the apache-release profile - so it's always run when doing a
release candidate.  Unless there's a better idea, I'll add this.

-Marshall