uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release UIMA Parent Pom Top version 1
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 19:43:03 GMT
Hi,

I'm starting the release process; the first step is releasing the parent
poms and build helper projects, under the "build" part of SVN.  These
are being released in the maven repositories only, because they're only
used there, to build the real UIMA artifacts. (that is, they won't be
pushed to the general apache mirroring system).

The first attempt at releasing an aggregate (multi-project release)
failed during release:prepare (worked with dryRun=true, but failed
without dryRun=true), because the aggregate pom had a parent-pom = the
parent-pom-top, which wasn't yet released.

So I'm now working to release just the UIMA parent-pom-top POM.  I
successfully followed the instructions on
http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/apache-release.html and the
artifact is now in the staging release area.

The staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/index.html#staging;3e133f12a994a   (log in
with your people.apache.org credentials)

Guide to testing staged releases:

http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

The main thing to test here is that this release follows Apache
requirements for license and notice, and that it works with the current
build artifacts (you'll have to change these to use version 1 of the
parent-pom-top to test.

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] 0
[ ] -1

After this, I'll work on releasing all of the other parts of the build
tooling as one multi-module project.

Cheers.  -Marshall