uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA build artifact uima-jar-resource-bundle version 2
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 14:05:03 GMT
Downloaded source-release.zip, verified it had license/notice, verified
it had license headers in the files.
Downloaded the sources.zip, and the .jar, and verified they had
license/notice in the manifest + license headers in the files.

Downloaded and verified the pom - has license header

Built from source-release - OK.

Changed the parent-pom-top <build> section dependency to depend on this
new artifact.
Removed the version 2 level of this new artifact from my local repo (the
release:perform had installed it there), and confirmed that the
parent-pom-top now didn't build (I hadn't changed by settings.xml file
to use the staging repo.)
Then I changed the settings.xml file, and it then built.

One strange thing happened - I'm building on a windows XP SP 3 platform.
When I went to my local .m2 repo to delete the version 2 of
uima-jar-resource-bundle artifact, it wasn't there !

The directory listing (which I had sorted on Name) showed:

uima-docbook-tutorials-and-users-guides
uimaj
uimaj-adapter-soap
uimaj-adapter-vinci
uimaj-tools
WhitespaceTokenizer

Well, it turned out that it was there.  I had assumed that sorting
directories by name sorted all the characters in the name, including
"-".  But it seems that Windows in this version sorts by stripping out
those '-' chars, and sorting the letters/numbers that remain.

So it came up with a sort order:

uima-docbook-tutorials-and-users-guides
uimaj
uimaj-adapter-soap
uimaj-adapter-vinci
uima-jar-resource-bundle  <<<< HERE IT IS !
uimaj-as
uimaj-tools
WhitespaceTokenizer

So, after all this, a +1 from me :-)