uima-dev mailing list archives

From David García <david.garc...@barcelonamedia.org>
Subject Re: [UIMA C++ Framework] making examples
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 07:35:41 GMT
  Hi Eddie,

this C++ UIMA annotator needs previous Java UIMA annotators annotations,
as this C++ UIMA annotator needs them to work with.
But this types are implemented by means of Java classes, as these
previous UIMA annotators are implemented in Java.
So my question is whether once I have developed this C++ UIMA annotator,
generated the dynamic library, and composed the pipeline will work.

Moreover, this C++ UIMA annotator has its own type, which should be
implemented, and I neither know if this implementation could be done in
Java or should be in C++.

My idea is to develop the annotator in C++, and afterwards, generate its
own type automatically from its descriptor in an Eclipse UIMA Java
project. Is this correct?

David

El 05/08/2010 14:40, Eddie Epstein escribió:
> Hi David,
>
> Capabilities for any annotator should only declare the input types
> needed by that annotator and the output types generated by that
> annotator. Why would you need types from other annotators?
>
> Eddie
>
> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 6:48 AM, David García
> <david.garcian@barcelonamedia.org>  wrote:
>>   Hi,
>>
>> I have a doubt regarding UIMA C++ annotator.
>> I'm developing a C++ annotator to be combined within a UIMA pipeline with
>> other Java annotators. The point is this C++ annotator requires, as input
>> capabilities, another Java annotator annotations.
>> My question is whether it is necessary to translate to C++ the input
>> capability types defined in Java by the ohter Java annotators, as well as
>> the C++ annotator types.
>>
>> My idea is to develop the C++ annotator, generating the dynamic library, and
>> afterwards, create an Eclipse UIMA project by using the proper descriptor
>> for the C++ UIMA annotator. Then, in this UIMA project, include the Java
>> types required for the C++ UIMA annotator as well as its own types.
>>
>> Am I wrong, or would it be correct?
>>

>> David
>>
>> El 22/07/2010 10:02, David García escribió:
>>>    It was version problem. Now it works.
>>>
>>> Thank you Eddie.
>>>

>>> David

In member