uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Potential logic issue in FeatureValuePathImpl?
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2010 14:23:18 GMT
 In uimaj-core, FeatureValuePathImpl, line 939:

        if (this.childPath != null) {
            // for simple range types, only [] and fsId() are allowed as child
            // path
            if (this.isSimpleRangeType
                    & !(this.childPath.isBracketsOnly() ||
this.childPath.isFsIdFeature)) {
                CASRuntimeException exception = new CASRuntimeException(
                        CASRuntimeException.INVALID_FEATURE_PATH, new String[] {
this.featureName });
                throw exception;
            }

Maybe there are 2 issues:  One (findbugs noted) the second if statement has a
"&" instead of an "&&" ? but I'm thinking there's a negation missing from the
right-side clause of the "||" - if it supposed to correspond to the comment ?

Can anyone confirm this?  I can fix, but I don't know this area very well, so
didn't want to break something :-) .

-Marshall