uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Feedback requested on build approach and tooling
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:00:56 GMT
 Re: lowering the barriers - one-time-setups issues...

Based on Adams and Thilo's responses, I have pushed a bit to get the m2eclipse /
xmlbeans stuff improved.

To my surprise, someone posted this morning to the Jira
https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE-1694 indicating that the bug might
be fixed in the latest m2eclipse (not yet released).  I tried that
"bleeding-edge" release in a fresh Eclipse 3.6 (Helios) and it did indeed fix
that issue - right clicking the projects that use xmlbeans and selecting Maven
-> update configuration updated the build paths correctly, so they all built in
Eclipse.

I've asked to see if there's a "guesstimate" of when this might be released...

Also, I found a likely alternative work-around.  This is to regress the version
used for the xmlbeans-maven-plugin from 2.3.3 to 2.2.0.  This appears to work
with 0.10.2 as well as 0.11.

I think it doesn't affect our builds, so I plan to backlevel this plugin, until
after m2eclipse 0.11 is released.

they may try to do one in a week or 2...

If both of these get fixed, then the one-time setups become much more
"conventional".

-Marshall