uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject working on a significant re-write of the result specification impl
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 19:17:07 GMT
 update:

While trying to fix the last Jira against the Result Spec, I've come up with
lots of corner cases, and addressing these with the current implementation looks
quite complex, especially with the current impl.

So I'm taking a run at simplifying things for the impl.  It's quite hard to
figure out the right semantics that handle all the corner cases properly, and
I'm on my 3rd try :-) - but each try is giving a better result...

I am mindful that result specification handling was a performance issue in
earlier implementations, and am hoping to have a well performing impl.

Just wanted folks to know I'm still working on this - it may take a while, and
I'll be doing a lot more test cases :-).

Cheers. -Marshall