uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: UIMA translate language
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:16:28 GMT
 I think you are asking if UIMA provides a service to translate one language to
another (but if I misunderstand, please restate your question).

UIMA itself is a framework to run unstructured analysis components.  The Apache
UIMA project has a few of these components in our "sandbox", but we currently do
not have any that do language translation.

Other projects have built language translators, including some that have them
implemented as UIMA annotators.  Here's a link to one such effort:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/user/alavie/GALE/GALE-book-2009/Alon/IODMEMT.pdf

-Marshall Schor