uima-dev mailing list archives

From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject SnowballAnnotator needs refactoring?
Date Sat, 28 Aug 2010 10:48:10 GMT
H all,
I noticed the SnowballAnnotator is extending the deprecated
JTextAnnotator_ImplBase, have some unused imports and generics should be
enabled.
Moreover the initialize() method occasionally fails due to the
AnnotatorContext object being null when run in a 2.3.1-SNAPSHOT
distribution.
I made a patch to make it extend JCasAnnotatorImpl_Base (and some little
refactorings [1]) that fixed this situation, but I would like to know if
anyone has experienced it and if have any objections on applying such a
patch.
Regards,
Tommaso

[1] : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1861