uima-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie Epstein <eaepst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [UIMA C++ Framework] making examples
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 19:03:34 GMT
David,

Here are the steps recommended for testing/integrating a new C++ component:

First, test the component using the C++ driver, runAECpp.sh. The
environment will have to be setup for UIMACPP, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
will have to include any additional application libs as well.
Type runAECpp.sh to get help on use. Note that import by name is note
supported for this application. This will verify that the c++
component is working.

Next, try the same test with a Java driver, runAE.sh. The syntax is
the same, or pretty close to the same. THis will verify the C++
component is working when accessed thru the JNI.

Finally, starting integrating the c++ component with other components.

Eddie

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 4:57 AM, David García
<david.garcian@barcelonamedia.org> wrote:
>  Hi Eddie,
>
> sorry, I fixed that error. It was a problem with the path in UIMACPP_HOME.
>
> The error I get is:
>
> Caused by: org.apache.uima.uimacpp.UimacppException: null;
>        org.apache.uima.uimacpp.InternalTafException:
> Error number  : 1005
> Recoverable   : No
> Error         : : typeSystemInit() Error getting Type objects
>  (1005)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.uimacpp.UimacppEngine.throwJTafException(UimacppEngine.java:499)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.uimacpp.UimacppEngine.initialize(UimacppEngine.java:262)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.uimacpp.UimacppEngine.createJTafTAE(UimacppEngine.java:226)
>        at
> org.apache.uima.uimacpp.UimacppAnalysisComponent.initialize(UimacppAnalysisComponent.java:152)
>        ... 23 more
>

> As I told you in a previous mail, I implemented the component in C++,
> created the proper descriptor file for a C++ component. Then, I created a
> UIMA Java Eclipse project, and I generated the Type System Definition by
> clicking on JCasGen button in Type System tab of the Component Descriptor.
> Next, I generated the pear from this Eclipse Java project, installed it and
> run the pipeline with the C++ component together with other Java UIMA
> components.
>
> Regards,
> David
>
> El 12/08/2010 10:23, David García escribió:
>>
>>   Hi Eddie,
>>
>> you were right. Now the C++ component is being used by the UIMA pipeline.
>>
>> Now, when I launch the UIMA pipeline, I still get a
>> ResourceInitializationException. The message reads:
>>
>> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no uima in java.library.path
>>
>> Eventually, I have tested the component by implementing it in Java and
>> reducing its functionality, in order to check if the descriptor was
>> causing this error.
>> In Java it works right, but, I got this very same error when, adapting
>> the descriptor file to Java, I forgot to change tag
>> <frameworkImplementation>org.apache.uima.cpp</frameworkImplementation>
>>
>> <annotatorImplementationName>org.barcelonamedia.uima.DeSRAnnotator</annotatorImplementationName>
>>

>> Regards,
>> David
>>
>> El 10/08/2010 13:51, Eddie Epstein escribió:
>>>
>>> Hi David,
>>>
>>> The LD_LIBRARY_PATH should only include directories, not specific
>>> files. Try removing DeSR.so from the path.
>>>
>>> Eddie

Linux, so if this

compiles to be

  wrote:

> [...]
> [...]
> [...]