uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: building source-release.zip - was: [VOTE] Release build poms incorporating change to docbkx 2.0.11 version
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2010 21:09:34 GMT
 Hi,

On 9/6/2010 3:09 AM, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>> Also, please inspect the release artifacts to insure they have the proper
>> license /notice files, and can be built from the source-release zips.
>>

> Where must the license and notice files be placed ? After building the
> Pear Packaging Maven Plugin jar file it contained the two files
> in the META-INF folder.

The license and notice files for Jar artifacts go in the META-INF folder, so
this is correct.  However, the thing to be checking is not the Pear Packaging
Maven Plugin - it's not (yet) being released, but rather the artifacts being
released (via downloading them from the staging repo and checking them :-) ).

> How can the source release zip be created ? Do I have to build the uima base
> source distribution or is there a way to build it for an individual project ?

The source-release.zip files are created by the Apache shared common super POM,
when the apache-release profile is activated (which happens automagically when
the maven release plugin does the release).  So you can see these files in the
staging repository.

If you want to build them for another artifact, not as part of the release
process, it would probably work to:

1) cd to the project you want to build this for
2) run the command:
   mvn package -Papache-release

This probably will also cause checksums and PGP signing to be invoked, though.

-Marshall