uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release build poms incorporating change to docbkx 2.0.11 version
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 18:06:43 GMT
 +1 to release.

I downloaded and built all of these artifacts on a separate computer (a Mac).  I
did find one "cosmetic" error, which doesn't affect the function.  The component
parent-pom-eclipse-plugins-ibm-notice is running part of its parent pom's build
process intended only for actual eclipse plugins - this part renames the build
artifact to follow OSGi naming rules.

Because of this, the zip file that is made for source-release creates a top
level folder with a name parent-pom-eclipse-plugins-ibm-notice_3.0.0.  This
doesn't hurt anything (other than cause some confusion).  It's easily fixable by
including a special 0-length file named
"marker-file-identifying-parent-pom-eclipse-plugins" which, if present, prevents
the build process from running those steps.  So I'll fix that and it will get
picked up with the next release (at some time in the future)...

I also confirmed that with the new build tooling, the docbooks in uimaj built.

As a bonus, I did all this on a fresh install of Helios (Eclipse 3.6) where I
installed a snapshot build of the m2eclipse; that worked fine.  For those
interested, I got the snapshot from here:
https://repository.sonatype.org/content/sites/forge-sites/m2e/0.11.1/N/0.11.1.201009041932

-Marshall