uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse plugin build (temporarily) broken
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2010 17:01:06 GMT
 The offending entries in Maven central have been removed.

-Marshall

On 9/9/2010 9:06 AM, Marshall Schor wrote:
>  Over on the Maven Dev list, Jason van Zyl writes in response to this:
>

>     I don't know what happened but we're looking into it, no one should be
>     deploying Eclipse artifacts to Maven Central except someone from Eclipse.
>     We'll let you know when we find out what happened.
>

> -Marshall

>> Today, Maven central was updated with incomplete uploads of several eclipse
>> artifacts:
>>
>> see http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/core
>>
>> and within that directory are the following subdirectories:
>>
>> org.eclipse.core.contenttype/                      07-Sep-2010 06:27
>> org.eclipse.core.expressions/                      07-Sep-2010 06:27
>> org.eclipse.core.filesystem/                       07-Sep-2010 06:27
>> org.eclipse.core.jobs/                             07-Sep-2010 06:27
>> org.eclipse.core.resources/                        07-Sep-2010 06:27
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime/                          07-Sep-2010 06:27
>> org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.auth/       07-Sep-2010 06:27
>> org.eclipse.core.variables/                        07-Sep-2010 06:27
>>
>> Each of these directories has just the maven-metadata.xml file (plus checksums),
>> but no poms, jars, etc.  Here's a sample:
>>
>> maven-metadata.xml                                 03-Sep-2010 12:30
>> maven-metadata.xml.md5                             03-Sep-2010 12:30
>> maven-metadata.xml.sha1                            03-Sep-2010 12:30
>>
>> The metadata indicates later versions of eclipse components.  Many of our builds
specify eclipse artifacts, which, in turn, specify ranges for the eclipse components they
depend on.  So even if we "hard-code" a specific version of an eclipse artifact, we still
get the ranges for the artifacts transitively depended on.

>> These are resolving (via maven central) to these partial uploads.  The result is
that maven (1) resolves to these "latest" versions, and then complains because there are no
"jar" or "pom" files found.

>> I've posted a query about this on the maven users list.
>>
>> I'm not sure how to work around this, short of making our dependencies not do transitivity
and instead hard coding all of the transitive dependencies explicitly (ugh), but maybe it
is just a "temporary" problem that will soon get resolved when the "rest of the files" get
uploaded...